31 December 2015

I love speed and overtaking

Eddie Yawe is a hands-on man who does not mind doing personal repairs on his car. Photo by Roland D Nasasira. 





By Roland D. Nasasira
Posted 


Thursday, December 31  

2015 at 

02:00




What is the type of your car?
It is a Toyota Land Cruiser V8.






Was it your first car?
No. I have driven a Nissan Gloria, Nissan Maxma, Lexus and a Range Rover Classic.






What is the speed limit of your car?
It can go up to 220km per hour.






What is the fastest speed you have driven at?
Sometime back I drove at 170km/hour.






Wow. Is that not over speeding?
It is but I had nothing to do. On normal days when I speed, I do 120km per hour.






Did you buy it locally from the bond or you imported it?
I imported it through a car dealer from Japan early this year.






How much did you buy it?
I bought it at Shs192m, including the costs of importing and taxes.






What is its engine size?
It’s a 4.8cc cylinder engine car.






How much do you spend on fuel in a week?
I am not sure. I just fill the tank and when it runs out, I refuel. I never take time to calculate how much I spend on fuel on a weekly basis.






What mechanical issues have you experienced with this car?
None that I know of yet considering it is barely a year old.






Where do you service it from?
I used to service it at Mandela’s garage but these days I do servicing at Shell Malindi.






Do you ever personally fix the car?
Yes, if it is something minor like changing the battery.






Can you change a car tyre?
Yes. There was a time when I had a puncture when I was going to church with my family. When I checked the car boot, I realised that the spanner and other tools for changing the tyre were missing. I jumped on boda boda, went home picked the tools, changed the tyre and proceeded to church.






What never misses from your car?
Extra clothes.






Why do you carry them?
I’m a performing artiste and anything can happen when I’m on the road. It’s not good to wear stage costumes when running personal businesses. Given my political career, I also have to dress decently. I also sometimes go to the farm to do some farming and need to carry farm wear.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.