27 February 2016

We wedded on a Thursday

Peter Kajiri, a councillor in Mpigi District and youth leader at Ggaba parish, wedded Teddy Najjuma, a cashier at Ward Bin services, Nakasero 



In Summary



TO HAVE AND TO HOLD. Peter Kajiri, a councillor in Mpigi District and youth leader at Ggaba parish, wedded Teddy Najjuma, a cashier at Ward Bin services, Nakasero at St Kalori Lwanga Ggaba Catholic Church 11 months ago. They shared their story with Christine Katende.






The meeting.
Peter: I got to know Teddy four years ago from church sacco meetings. Later, she joined the choir. It is during the choir interaction that I became friends with her.
Teddy: I met Peter when I joined the Karolines Choir in 2012. Four months later, Peter proposed friendship but three years later, he asked that we take our friendship to the next level. That led us to marriage.






How did you propose to her?
Peter: After my sister’s approval, I invited Teddy to Buziga Country Resort. We had a sumptuous meal after which, during the casual conversation, I popped the question, “Will you marry me?”






How did you react to his proposal?
Teddy: I was happy, felt loved and adored.






What attracted you to each other?
Peter: She is kind, caring, honest, Godfearing and hard working.
Teddy: Peter is God-fearing, loving and social.






When and where was your wedding?
Peter: January 29, 2015 at St Kalori Lwanga Ggaba Catholic Church.






Who officiated at your wedding?
Peter: Archbishop Augustine Kasujja, the papal Nuncio to Nigeria alongside other priests including Rev Fr Charles Ssengondo, Rev Fr Jacinto Kibuuka, Rev Fr Denis Wamala, among others.






How did you feel after exchanging vows?
Teddy: It felt like I was surrounded by heavenly angels. It was great and memorable.






What was the most interesting moment on your wedding day?
Peter: I loved the church ceremony, the
homily and the choir made my day.
Teddy: Seeing my parents cheering us on, the decoration and overwhelming turn out of the guests. That showed that people were happy for us and wished us well.






How many guests did you invite?
Peter: We had initially planned for 700 people but the number exceeded, thank God with the good committee, the extra numbers were catered for.






How much did your gown cost?
Teddy: I hired the gown from Lubega D Fashion Designers at Shs800,000, the changing dress at Shs900,000 and three pairs of shoes cost Shs700,000.






How many bridesmaids did you have?
Teddy: My entourage comprised eight people. Four bridesmaids and four flower girls. I chose them basing on my relationship with them (friends), skin complexion and size.






Where did you go for make-up and styling?
Teddy: Eclipse Salon in Ggaba and it cost me Shs700,000. Peter, who was your best man?
Peter: Vincent Kajjoba, he is a close friend and he was supportive during
the function.






How much did the suit cost?
Peter: I parted with Shs500,000, changing attire cost Shs100,000 and the pair of shoes was Shs120,000 from one of the designer shops in town.






Did you have groomsmen?
Peter: Yes, my brother, three friends and a page boy.






How much did the cake cost?
Peter: They were 15 tiers at Shs1m. I do not remember what the flavours were.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.