29 July 2016

Denzel on his knack for weirdness


While introducing yourself, you don’t mention the Denzel name anywhere?
Denzel is not my real name. I acquired Denzel a few years ago at university in Namibia. I thought I could use it to pick-up girls in night clubs along with my American accent since Charles wasn’t cool enough. So, I told my friends in Namibia to start introducing me as Denzel, from USA.


You mean the girls in Namibia thought you were a cool guy from the States?
Yes, but they didn’t know I worked in a restaurant in the Capital of Namibia.


How did you move from waiter to media?
I am an entertaining guy and at least everyone who has been with me can attest to it. I do everything with love and passion. In Namibia, on a lucky day as a waiter, I happened to serve a customer who owned a radio station, he liked me and then called me for voicing and just like that, I left the restaurant to work on radio. I worked for him for one year and decided to come back to Uganda in 2012. Here, I joined Sanyu FM, then Urban TV and XFM.


Your fashion sense, tell us about that.
My style is simple and comfortable, and bright colours give me a boost in terms of mood. I like putting on clothes that make me comfortable although some people end up calling it weird.


And the very tight shorts?
As I said, I like to wear what makes me comfortable and the shorts do it for me. I can choose to wear them from Monday to Monday even to office. When I stayed in South Africa for a month, it was so cold so everyone was always covering up. When I came back here, I realised it was the opposite and hard to wear light clothes and the shorts were a perfect option for me.


What perception did you receive from people the first time you wore them?
At first, people used to look at me in a weird way but they learnt to know that that’s how I am and I wasn’t willing to change anything and some of them now see me as any other person.


I havealso heard you once rode home naked?
It was raining very hard late one night. I am a person who likes making history, so, I stopped at a Petrol station in Lugogo, stripped and rode home to Akamwesi Hostel in Nakawa where I stay. The only people I met were boda boda guys who said I must be a ghost, and my Askari who was shocked to see me naked.


Are you married?
I am a very single guy. I am a free guy; I haven’t reached that time of dating because I don’t think I have enough disposable income to spend on a woman.


You mean people in relationships have money to dispose of?
Not necessarily, but I am not the kind of guy who will date when I’m broke. I wouldn’t want my woman to suffer. I would want to buy her classic cars, take her for holidays in good destinations and provide her with all those nice things.


With all those jobs you have, you mean you don’t have that money?
I only have enough money to look after myself not to spend on a woman but God willing, when I get more money, I will get a woman whom I will date and even marry.


Would you date a sugar mummy?
I never thought about that. I believe a man should work hard and provide for the woman.
So you don’t associate with women?
We go on dates. I hang out a lot with them in bars for a few drinks and then call it a wrap.


You are in the limelight, how do you handle those girls who cling on you?
If we understand each other then why not spend some good time together. But in that course, I try much to show them that my intentions are way different from hers.
What type of girls are you attracted to?
I like entertaining girls. She must have an open mind too and be ready to accept my personality. I also like girls that are self-aware. Also, slim girls do the magic for me.


So you wouldn’t date Winnie Nwagi?
I can’t date Winnie Nwagi because I can’t carry her. The reason I like slim girls is that I can easily carry them.


Which local celebrity is your crush?
I have a huge crush on Shalom Kalule, she is a radio presenter on the mid-morning show on Sanyu FM. I like her attitude and eloquence.


Which girls turn you off?
Local girls who don’t know what is happening in the world really turn me off. For example, a girl whom you engage in a conversation about anything trending and they have no idea what you are talking about.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.