30 July 2016

Fellowships bred their love


How and when did you meet?
Amos: I used to work as a domestic tax officer at Uganda Revenue Authority, I was transferred on June 22, 2014 to Gulu. During my six months stay in Gulu, I used to go for fellowships and Joan was one of the hosts whom I liked. From there, one thing led to another.


So, when did you eventually become close?
Amos: I had intentions of settling down and progressing with my life in marriage and Joan had the qualities of my dream wife. I approached her and made my intentions known. She challenged me to rethink my marriage intentions. After three months, I went back to her and we agreed to continue.
Joan: He came to me in August, 2014 but we started dating in January, 2015.


How was the proposal?
Amos: Proposals vary. I proposed in August by asking her to consider my intention to marry her after she had agreed to marry me three months earlier. In October 2015, I travelled to Gulu, and proposed with an engagement ring.
Joan: It was my birthday, I had just completed my exams and I was waiting impatiently to return to Kampala. After cutting my birthday cake, Amos came in surprisingly because I did not expect him to be in Gulu on that day and he pulled out an engagement ring asking me to marry him.


What attracted you to each other?
Amos: Joan is highly dignified, confident and learned. I was looking for someone who challenges me, she has values that I cherish such as being God-fearing, mature, and beautiful.
Joan: Amos is very bold, aggressive- he knows what he wants, very intelligent because I appreciate someone who uses their brains, very kind and God-fearing.


What was your budget and how did you raise funds?
Amos: My y budget earlier was even quarter of what it ended up being, I thought I would not spend more than Shs10m but because we had to invite several stakeholders, the dream of having a simple wedding begun to change. My family and people around me realised that we had to adjust the budget to Shs31m.
Joan: We tried to work on the tight budget, so we managed to raise funds from friends, family, associates and well-wishers.


What was the most expensive item?
Amos: Food cost us Shs7.5 m.
Joan: The cake was Shs 2.4 m.
How was your wedding eve?
Amos: I went out delivering more invitation cards. Unfortunately, not all of them received. Later in the evening, , I realised I had not settled salon issues and I went to Acacia Mall and booked for us. I went to the reception venue to see if everything was set. Then, I went to a friend’s home where I spent my night.
Joan: I was at the salon and we had to be home very early because we were not allowed to be out late on a Friday night.


Did involve a wedding planner?
Amos: (laughs) My wife is also a wedding planner, most of the time she was guiding me on some of those things. My mum and dad were also very instrumental in planning. We had a picture of the kind of wedding we wanted.


Were you disappointed in any way during the wedding?
Amos: Minor issues, when we were just finishing up with the salon, I discovered that I did not have the white necktie I had ordered for with the suit and the stockings were different from what I ordered for and, we not delivering all invitation cards to the respective guests.
Also, some guests did not eat yet food was in plenty on that day.
Joan: My dad did not make it on time because they were travelling from up-country and also my brother who was going to give me away, was with my dad, so they both were late and found when we were exchanging the vows.


What was the most exciting moment?
Amos: The conducive weather, the decorator and also the band sang well.
Joan: The decorator did a good job, the food was good and also I was overjoyed to see my long-time friends again.


Did you go for premarital counselling?
Amos: Yes, Rev Paulson Tumutegyerize, a close mentor taught us many issues concerning our culture which differ and, a lot to do with money, how do we handle money as a couple and also bedroom matters which was critical.
Joan: The most important thing was to fear God, keeping him as the centre of our marriage and also treating a partner as a friend, do to them what you want them to do unto you.


Did you think going for a honeymoon was vital?
Joan: I wanted to go for honeymoon but along the way with stretch of planning and arrangements, I got tired, and I was not looking forward to it. We went to Kisiizi Falls and Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale.


Who was on your entourage?
Amos: My best man was Joseph Mulamuzi Ssalongo, because he is mature, respected and pays attention to detail. The groomsmen were my brothers, Ben, Mathew and page boys were my nephews Joshua and Jotham.
Joan: My maid of honour was Julie Aneno, I met her three years ago in Gulu. I chose her because she is God- fearing, mature and a prayer warrior. The matron was my cousin Juliana Kamara Aleho, because she is my good friend. She is married, God-fearing and I also admire her marriage. For maids, I settled for my sister and the other was Amos’ sister.


What is your advice to those planning to wed?
Amos: Many men hope to find that person who will give them peace, one that fits their personality, sometimes we tend to over expect good qualities in others yet we do not match up to them. They should learn to commit, sacrifice, respect women and that means, never allow yourself to play around with her unless you are serious about marriage.
Joan: Women, there are many things you can do as you wait for your better half. Do not be redundant, be vigilant, serve the Lord, hang out with friends, enjoy your life, until you meet the right person. Live right and the right person will find you.
Men, know what you want. It is irritating to waste people’s time when you want to try out every girl. Identify and walk with them.


Colour theme


The couple used their attire to reflect and embrace their different tastes and preference in colour. Thus, the entourage clothes were tailored from the same colours. Amos loves royal blue while Joan prefers blue and yellow. Both are vibrant colours and befitted such a day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.