01 May 2015

Nancy’s timeless style - Full Woman

This is how to wear shine and not come off trashy; with minimum jewellery and flawless makeup 



In Summary



Style crash. Nancy Kacungira has a way of coming off extremely elegant while looking like she did not make any effort to pick what to wear. How does she do that?






Looking flawless isn’t just about picking out the right clothes to wear. It’s being well kempt from head to toe. And I believe this lady fits just well in this bracket. And, of course, with a persona to match.




Nancy Kacungire has the kind of style that seems effortless. There is never too much of anything. Just the right amount of skin exposed and perfect makeup. She is probably the one person that can pull off cut outs and not come off looking scandalous.




Whether she is on the anchor desk for the evening news, or simply stepping out on the red carpet, she always knows how to properly balance out her look.




Nancy’s beauty tip
It may sound cliché but I think being beautiful on the inside (literally and figuratively) actually makes you more beautiful on the outside too. Working on your character, eating well, exercising and staying fit – those things are worth more than a beauty that is only skin deep.




I shop….
Online, and at some shops in Kampala. As a news anchor, I’m given a wardrobe allowance by my employer every three months, which is when I shop for work clothes. But for my casual wardrobe, I shop about once a year.




For the red carpet…
I usually try to wear something I already own so I don’t often go out and buy something specifically for one event. I do put in some effort to pick something that is appropriate for the occasion though.




I accessorise…
Appropriately. Less is more. I think accessories should complement, not overwhelm. Also, the two things to invest more in are good quality shoes and handbags, they can make an otherwise ordinary outfit look classy.




I never leave behind…
My Michael Kors boyfriend watch! A good watch is not only functional; it can be a statement piece that speaks volumes about your personality.




I steer clear of…
Trying every new fad that comes along! Just because harem pants or crop tops are in doesn’t mean everyone should wear them. I think it’s important to develop a personal style that enables you to pick and choose which clothing trends work for you. Fashion is transient, but style is timeless.




I never try out…
Ill-fitting or inappropriate clothing. If it’s too big, too small, or too tight, it just looks bad. And it looks lazy. First impressions do count, so if you look like you can’t be bothered to find clothes that fit, you can come across as sloppy or lacking self-awareness.




I have suffered a wardrobe malfunction!
I did almost trip over a very long dress once!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.