02 May 2015

Meeting Afande Sande! - Life



It is a Saturday afternoon and my sister and I had errands to run. So as we were joining Kira Road from the Bukoto- Kabira Junction. As I drive I was trying to figure out what was in front of me. In my teenage life I would have added that he looked like a movie star who had escaped from set and was disguising as a cop! But time flies. See as an ‘I just got back’ (from outside countries and I could use the phrase for another two years!),I was taken aback ! ‘who is that?’ I asked my sister! And with a tone that questioned where I had been all this while she said that is Sande’. Sande? She knew his name? I craned my head to read the names on his shirt… just to check that my sister wasn’t creating a story. Oh yea, Sande it was.




Then she started off … ‘ you remember that traffic guy who…’ See I wasn’t around when he was the cause of traffic jams, but I really read a lot about him in social media updates. It seemed that every lady who had seen him had to update something! I just never got to see the guy. So on a silent day when perhaps the ladies have long forgotten about him, there he was beckoning… begging me to cross into Kira road! And I knew not, that he was the real Knight! Naive Princess Jan! I could have missed him! But I guess it is measure for measure, because there is this towering lady afande at about the same route who perhaps gets the guys speaking too! I suspect that some of them intentionally ‘mix up’ their routes or engineer chaos on the road, just to get her attention.




And so while this princess of a cop walks with grace stretching her long hands as she signals, or goes to their windows to rebuke them, it is all good! In their world it is going to be a good day and it shows on their faces! However the rest of us who think life is a straight line and have to go and work are left wondering about how this country has narrow roads and poor drivers and how we can’t wait for another fly over. Only to look out of the window to see a family of happy male drivers glued to the cop! Please guys no! ‘I just stumbled upon Sande’, but for you! I don’t know…!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.