28 May 2016

I almost got robbed in my campus room



Yes, I know I have been talking about it everywhere and if you are on my Facebook you know, my Twitter, and basically everything… I have even been accused of being an attention seeker by my roommate.






But that is okay, because I almost got robbed this week and I have to publicise it. This is what happened.






So I usually wake up during the night to read my books, but that is only if I’m in a good mood, have exams, or have been rendered an insomniac by reasons beyond me.






Tuesday morning was one of those days, and as luck would have it, I had an exam the next day I hadn’t studied for at all.






And so I woke up at 3am, made myself a cup of tea, and got down to business. Now the problem with me is I might have a mild case of dyslexia.






It’s either that or my attention span is simply on its own things and just does not want to know. I read one sentence of my work and then look around a bit, draw some doodles in my book, take a selfie then read another line. And it’s been working out okay for me, that is infact what saved me from the thief and his stealthy ways.






I read my one line, took a sip of tea, looked around, turned my head one side, turned my head another(you can imagine how much reading I get done) and that’s when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye.






So at 3am when you see movement in the window you don’t expect to take a closer look only to see a man staring at you and trying to force your window open at the same time, do you?






You can imagine my shock. Never has a person gotten up so fast, not to take some extreme measures like maybe go run for help, call the guard at every block at Africa, or maybe try to scare the thief away(an unlikely course of events, with how much of a coward I am) when my eyes and the thief met, that was a night of many lessons, and I realised I can’t scream to save my life.






My scream sounded like a short low whistle..I know it’s bad when my Roomie didn’t know things were going on till I was in her face, inside her bed, telling her there was a thief at the window.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.